Publishers’ Way is the EMWF’s marketplace, held in the heart of the Eden Mills during the festival. Featuring publishers, literary organizations, self-published authors, and community organizations, it provides exhibitors the opportunity to connect with a large audience of enthusiastic readers and book buyers. In 2023, we invite you to join us on Sunday September 10 for the all-new Publishers’ Way, reinvigorated for our 35th anniversary year!
- In 2022, 81% of festival attendees purchased one or more books at the event
- With anticipated attendance of 1200+, our audience is made up of highly educated, passionate readers, who are interested in a wide range of genres
- The festival features fourteen themed sessions, in addition to children’s programming. All are well-attended including those showcasing poetry, nonfiction titles, and debut authors
- Publishers’ Way exhibitors are listed in the event program, and information and a website link for each exhibitor is featured on the EMWF website
Feedback from our Audience:
- “It’s not uncommon for me to leave Eden Mills having heard a new writer whose work I’m eager to read.”
- “The space is an idyllic venue to listen to authors, both experienced and starting out, including those published with smaller presses.”
- “What a marvellous range of authors and events! This festival is my favourite literary event.”
- “I love the atmosphere of the quaint little village nestled in the hills. Everyone is calm, relaxed, and friendly. Surrounded by others who think that reading and books are oh so important makes me feel as if I’ve found my people!”
PLEASE NOTE: We have a limited number of exhibitor spots. Completing an application does not guarantee participation. Applicants will be notified if they have been accepted to exhibit by May 30 at the latest. Others will be invited to join our waiting list.
Applications for Publishers’ Way 2023 are now closed. Questions can be directed to Tara Ross, Publishers’ Way Coordinator, at [email protected].
May 15: Deadline for applications
May 30: Applicant notifications
June 30: Deadline for payment
- Exhibitors are provided with one table (6 foot x 30 inch) and two chairs at the event. Tents are not provided.
- Set-up for the event begins at 8:00 a.m. on the day of the festival. All vehicles must be moved to the East parking lot (directions will be provided) by 10:00 a.m. as the roads will be closed to cars. Vehicles are allowed back at 6:00 p.m. for tear down.
- The festival runs rain or shine. We do not offer refunds and recommend you prepare accordingly for the weather.
- The village of Eden Mills has unreliable internet, and we can not guarantee that you will be able to access the internet to process payment. We are investigating options to improve this situation and we will provide updates as available. Please consider bringing a Wi-Fi hot spot or offer the option of cash payments. Cash advances are available at the festival gates between 1-4 pm.
- For those with mobility issues, golf carts will be available to provide transportation from the parking areas or to various locations in the village.
- Coffee and breakfast items will be available for purchase in our food court from 8:30 a.m. Lunch items will be available later in the day.
- Portable toilets are available throughout the village. There are no indoor washroom facilities available.
Rules and Regulations:
- The EMWF cannot guarantee attendance or sales.
- The EMWF is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
- If payment is not received by the deadline, the spot will be offered to the waiting list.
- The location of each exhibitor table will be pre-assigned. We are unable to accommodate special requests.
- Under no circumstances are exhibitors permitted to park within the festival gates. If an exhibitor is found to have parked within the festival gates rather than moving their car to the designated parking area, they will not be permitted to return to future festivals.
- Tents must be set back from the road. Volunteers will be circulating to ensure that tents are appropriately placed to ensure that emergency vehicles can move safely through the village.
Questions can be directed to Tara Ross, Publishers’ Way Coordinator, at publisherswa[email protected]. If you encounter technical difficulties with the application form, please contact [email protected].