We are currently looking for individuals to take on a variety of roles with the festival, including:
The role of the Operations Coordinator is to plan and manage set-up and tear down for the Eden Mills Writers’ Festival.
- Participate in the recruitment of operations volunteers for festival weekend (September 8-10)
- Working with the Festival Manager, confirm vendor delivery and pick-up dates/times.
- Arrange for storage of items as required if delivered well in advance of festival.
- Communicate with Community Outreach team and site owners to ensure site yards are tidy, grass is cut, seating area can be accessed from the road, and that the accessible seating area has a clean line of sight to the “stage”. Coordinate any assistance site owners require.
- Inspect all properties adjacent to sites or used for various festival activities.
- Arrange for grass along festival route to be cut.
- Charge walkie-talkies, purchase additional radios as needed.
- Prep required materials for Operations tent.
- Meet with AV team during walk through to ensure access to power-supply.
- Ensure all required equipment is in working order. Wash tents, chairs, signage as needed.
- Be available for all deliveries and direct them to proper locations.
- Update operations maps and work plans for use on festival weekend.
- Oversee Operations volunteers the day previous to the festival, the day of the festival, and the day following the festival for set-up and tear-down.
- On the day of the festival, manage set-up and tear-down, oversee Operations headquarters and the festival’s Food Court, and troubleshoot any issues that arise
- This position requires outdoor work and physical labour. Must be able to help set up tents, move tables and chairs, etc.
- Must have access to a vehicle.
- Must have experience supervising and delegating to a team.
This is a part-time contract (100 hours @ $24/hour).
The schedule of work will be as follows:
- 10 hours in July
- 40 hours in August
- 50 hours in September (must be available full-time Thursday September 7 – Monday September 11, with overtime hours on Sunday September 10)
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to Melissa McGrath, Festival Manager, at [email protected] by June 9, 2023
The Bookkeeper will take care of all festival financial tasks, including both accounts payable and receivable along with all payroll and bank account management and reconciliation tasks. This is a volunteer role with potential for a staff role in the next fiscal year. Perfect for finance & accounting students looking for experience.
Do you have other skills to share? If you are interested in contributing to the EMWF, please contact Theresa Ebden, EMWF Board Chair at [email protected] or Melissa McGrath, Festival Manager at [email protected].