DEADLINE Postmarked by May 31, 2019
The Eden Mills Writers’ Festival is committed to providing a venue for unpublished or modestly published writers to showcase their work. Over the years, several readers at The Fringe have returned to the Festival as published authors.
The Fringe is a special opportunity to read your writing at our festival, and receive the perks our visiting authors do.
- Prose: 2500 words maximum, double-spaced
- Poetry: Up to five poems, five pages maximum, single-spaced
Rules & Requirements:
- Open to writers unpublished in book format and who have not previously read at The Fringe
- Manuscripts must be in Arial (or similar) 11-point font. No images or coloured ink
- You must submit 5 copies. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME OR CONTACT INFORMATION ON THESE COPIES
- You must complete and submit a contest entry form
- Submissions will not be returned and winners will be notified in August
Winners selected in each category will be invited to read at the EMWF on Festival Sunday (September 8, 2019), and will be treated to all the perks of attending the festival as an author, including access to the author hospitality suite, and an invitation to the festival’s gala dinner for authors.
Winning entries will be published on the EMWF website and the names of the winners will be included in the festival weekend program.
$15 Canadian per entry. Cheque or money order payable to: Eden Mills Writers’ Festival
Mail the following to the address below:
- Five (5) copies of your entry
- Your completed contest entry form (CLICK HERE to download)
EMWF Fringe Contest c/o Jane Hastings, 94 Alma Street S, Guelph, ON N1H 5W9
For more information, please contact Fringe Coordinator Jane Hastings at 519.837.2493 or [email protected]