Read at The Fringe Literary Contest
DEADLINE: June 15, 2021
The Eden Mills Writers’ Festival is committed to providing a venue for unpublished or modestly published writers to showcase their work. Throughout the history of The Fringe, several contest winners have returned to the EMWF as published authors.
- Fiction: 1500 words maximum, double-spaced
- Nonfiction: 2000 words maximum, double-spaced
- Poetry: Up to five poems, five pages maximum, single-spaced
One winner will be selected in each category and notified in August. Winners will receive $150 and an invitation to read their work as part of our online event series (Date TBD). Winners will also be profiled in our newsletter, on our website, and on the festival's social media channels.
If cost is a barrier to entry, please email [email protected]
Our 2021 Judges:
Judges will be announced over the coming months.
Rules & Requirements:
- The contest is open to aspiring writers unpublished in book format
- The contest is open to residents of Canada only
- A maximum of one entry per category is permitted.
- Submissions must be formatted in a standard 12-point font, double spaced, with the exception of poetry, which should be single-spaced.
- Do not include your name or any identifying information in your submission. The title of your submission should follow the following format: Fringe2021_TITLEOFSUBMISSION
Questions? Contact [email protected]