The Eden Mills Writers' Festival Writing Contest - Read at The Fringe
DEADLINE: June 15, 2020
New this year: Online submissions!
The Eden Mills Writers’ Festival is committed to providing a venue for unpublished or modestly published writers to showcase their work. The Fringe is a special opportunity for aspiring writers to share their work with our audience in Eden Mills. Throughout the history of The Fringe, several contest winners have returned to the EMWF as published authors.
- Fiction: 2000 words maximum, double-spaced
- Nonfiction: 2000 words maximum, double-spaced
- Poetry: Up to five poems, five pages maximum, single-spaced
One winner will be selected in each category and invited to read at the EMWF on Sunday, September 13, 2020. The prize includes $150 and all the perks of attending the festival as an author, including access to the author hospitality suite, and an invitation to the festival’s gala dinner for authors.
If cost is a barrier to entry, please email [email protected]
Rules & Requirements:
- The contest is open to aspiring writers unpublished in book format.
- As winners will be invited to read at the festival, this contest is open to residents of Ontario only.
- A maximum of one entry per category is permitted.
- Submissions must be formatted in a standard 12-point font, double spaced, except for poetry which should be single-spaced.
- Do not include your name or any identifying information in your submission. The title of your submission should follow the following format: Fringe2020_TITLEOFSUBMISSION
- Winners who attend the festival are responsible for their own travel costs.
- Winners will be notified in early August.
Our 2020 Judges:
To be Announced
Complete our CONTEST ENTRY FORM and upload your submission.
Questions? Contact [email protected]