The Eden Mills Writers’ Festival is a volunteer-driven event. We depend heavily on all the wonderful people who so generously donate their time and make the festival a warm and welcoming experience for our patrons.
Volunteers are required for various tasks in helping to prepare for and operate the festival. Help is needed for promotion, ticket selling, set up, dishwashing, clean up, and many other tasks related to the Festival.
How to Volunteer
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the Eden Mills Writers’ Festival Application Form and click SEND.
Conditions of being a Volunteer (please read carefully before completing the application form)
- I understand that this application is not a commitment to be a volunteer.
- I understand that this volunteer position does not receive any form of compensation.
- I understand that there will be risks associated with volunteering and that as a volunteer I will not be covered by workers compensation.
- I understand that a screening process will take place and that I will undergo orientation, an interview and provide a police check and two references.
- I give permission for all background checks to occur and understand that the information that is obtained will remain confidential.
- I hereby certify that the facts set forth in this application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge and that I have not knowingly withheld any information that would affect my application to volunteer at the Eden Mills Writers’ Festival.
- I give consent to the Eden Mills Writers’ Festival to collect information on this form under the authority of the Municipal Act SO 2001, c. 25. This information will be used to communicate with you regarding volunteer administration. All completed paper work will become part of your personal file and to be used for statistical reports.
- If accepted as a volunteer, I understand and agree that I will be evaluated for my performance and may be terminated for poor performance or inappropriate behavior according to Eden Mills Writers’ Festival Code of Conduct.